October 13, 2010

Opinions of Theists

Dear Snide Atheist,
I am also an atheist, but lately, I've found myself respecting the opinions of a theist. Is this a problem, and, if so, what should I do?

rondog

Dear rondog,
Your brain should be used for more than simply filling up your cranium! There are plenty of theists whose opinions I respect. My drug dealer is a christian fundamentalist, yet his ability to judge the characteristics and quality of this week's shipment is amazing. Another friend of mine is extremely religious, yet he's always spot on about which women I should hook up with at orgies. Their fantasies about god have no impact on their opinions about things that matter. It's okay to respect the opinions of theists - just not their delusions.
Sincerely,
The Snide Atheist

3 comments:

  1. A real christian wouldnt' be selling drugs or having immoral sex at orgies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "katie5 said...
    A real christian wouldnt' be selling drugs or having immoral sex at orgies."

    Yeah, well a real christian also wouldn't be wasting their time on the internet, reading satan-inspired websites, when they could be out helping the poor and not coveting their neighbor's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, real christians don't know how to have any fun........

    ReplyDelete